Thursday 17 July 2014

Fete nationale!

1:25am
The fete nationale in Les Eyzies. I feel disappointed, but that's mostly of my own doing I think.

The fireworks were wonderful- although the display itself was not really anything special, the fact I was sat on a train track on a bridge over the Vezere river watching them, as they echoes really loudly off of the nearby cliffs was really pretty amazing. It was a nice moment.

Me and Anthéa then went to get ice cream which was super fab :).

Not much drinking was done, mainly because I dislike wine and beer and that was all that was on offer. There was a guy singing with a square for dancing. He sung both English and French song and he did it awfully. Unfortunately he's coming to play at La Riviere too... He performed Elvis's Blue Suede Shoes but didn't quite get the lyrics right... Most of the words were missing their beginnings and endings and furthermore he  absolutely butchered Muse's Uprising. Luckily though they did just put music on in the end. It was desperate crazy ladies and really old people on the dancefloor for the most part.

Anthéa left quite early and I stayed with Marie, Pab and Mickey for a while. I didn't feel uncomfortable, but I missed a lot of most of the conversations. The conversations I did understand were quite funny though. And Marie was unintentionally hilarious at one point (at least I thought so) when pab had said in French that the French song playing was always played at weddings because French people don't know how to hold parties. He said the next one was at funerals, but I didn't understand the word, and Marie just said 'its when you are dead'. The way she said it made me laugh, even though she wasn't trying to be funny. I enjoyed talking to them. I feel like it's still quite early to be home, but hanging around and watching people drink would have gotten a bit awkward after a while.

Anyway, that was my July 14th. Interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment