Friday 4 July 2014

Adventuring around the Vezere

So today I took a trip with my new 'house'mate, Pab. (I'm not entirely sure why he likes to be called Pab, his name is Pierre just like every other French guy, it seems!). More on him later! Basically, he showed me around the area as he is a friend of the family that run the campsite and he's been here quite a few times before, it seems.

It was a beautiful day, and I took a lot of photos! No video this time!

We started off by La Roque Saint Christophe, which is basically a big rocky ledge where people used to live. Not just during the stone age/cave period times but also more recently during the middle ages! So there's lot's of history there! It particularly interests me because it interlinks with a book series that I've read and enjoyed called the Earth's Children by Jean M. Auel (I highly recommend this series!). If you've read it, it turns out that La Roque Saint Christophe is the 29th Cave of the Zelandonii in the series, according to a map I found online! More pictures can be found in my Google+ or facebook albums, which you can find links to on the right hand side of my blog, or if you are my friend on facebook ;)


Next we went to St Leon sur Vezere, which is a very cute, very beautiful little village. Unfortunately I didn't get to spend much time each place I went. It was mostly a little excursion so that I could tell people on the campsite a little about the local area, but I hope to go back to some of the places we visited, especially Sarlat. More on Sarlat later - I'm talking about St Leon sur Vezere.


Next up was Sarlat! A nice little town, smaller than Perigueux but it had a lot to offer! It was a shame that there wasn't any time for shopping! There was, however, time for... MCDONALDS! YEAAAAAHHHH.
I was way more excited about McDonalds than I should have been.
Also, those posh limited time only burgers in France... I got a 'California Chicken' type thing. I expected it to be a bit like a Chicken Legend with different stuff in it.
MAAAAN the chicken was shitty. Like such bad quality. I was a bit disappointed that there wasn't anything Chicken Legendy. I miss them. When I come back to get my Japanese Visa I will eat a lot of McDonalds. I'll also be bringing back Cadbury's.
Anyway, Sarlat was beautiful!
Then we went to Beynac to see the castle and the pretty views, hooray!


And then we came home! It was really hot and quite tiring!! But a lot of fun! And so pretty!
Thanks for reading, again!






No comments:

Post a Comment